Who requires this qualification?
Any business conducting guarding activity to secure a building or site may need trained security staff qualified as security officers who hold a SIA licence.
A level 2 award for security officers in the private security industry qualification is required by law for an individual to apply for a SIA-licence to work as a security guard.
- the main characteristics of the private security industry
- the importance of safe working practices
- roles and responsibilities of security officers
- issues and procedures relevant to the role of a security officer
- how to conduct effective search procedures
- queue management
- problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed by practical assessments and multiple-choice examinations.
Price – £350